Younis May Return To Twenty20 Cricket

Posted on 8:05 AM by Miley Cyrus

Pakistan skipper Younus Khan is ready to come out of retirement from Twenty20 cricket and play the two Twenty20 Internationals in Dubai.
“If the team needs me and since the matches are to be held in Dubai, it will be nice to play,” Younus remarked.
Younus, 31, retired from Twenty20 cricket after leading Pakistan to victory in the World Twenty20 in June in England. He is not the part of the Twenty20 squad for Dubai, being led by all-rounder Shahid Afridi.
Asked what prompted him to return to Twenty20, Younus said: “A lot of people especially many youngsters told me it is important that I continue playing Twenty20 cricket too. If they still want and if my country still needs my service for this form of the game, then I am ready. I’ll do anything for my country and for my team-mates. So you may see me in Twenty20 cricket again.”
He had quit as captain over match-fixing allegations after Pakistan’s defeat in the Champions Trophy but the Pakistan Cricket Board refused to accept his resignation.
“I have just come out of a huge controversy. My nation was behind me. I am happy each and every one in Pakistan backed me in the incident. Today, my mind is free and I can concentrate on my captaincy and on my form as well as the team,” Younus, who has accumulated 432 runs in 22 Twenty20 Internationals at an average of 25.41, stated.
He feels New Zealand will not be an easy team to beat despite absence of many of their top players due to injury. It was New Zealand that upset Pakistan’s chances of reaching the Champions Trophy final by beating them in the semi-final.

No Response to "Younis May Return To Twenty20 Cricket"

Leave A Reply